Friday, June 27, 2014

What Else Can I Do For You?

What Else Can I Do For You?

"What else can I do for you," 
the sky said, and added,
"now that I have taken off
all my clothes?" 

These are some lines of value
to contemplate. 

          What else can we do for people after we are completely ourselves? We can then extend even more of ourselves, more of our inner souls, to them. We can help in the creative and spiritual matters, which go beneath and beyond "simply" lending a hand. Mary asked Gibran to design a school seal for the Cambridge School, for which she was headmistress.
          May 1, 1919: "Beloved Mary, Here is a design for the school. It is an open hand holding a rose: or rather, a rose growing in an open hand. I like the idea, and if the design is well executed it should be beautiful. I hope you and the dear girls will like it. I do not remember seeing anything like it, do you? An open hand is a beautiful symbol, and when you place a flower upon an open hand it adds much to its beauty. Thank you, Mary, for all your beauty. May God bless your hand upon which roses grow. Love from Kahlil."

No comments:

Post a Comment