Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sometimes When Visitors Come

Sometimes When Visitors Come

Sometimes when visitors come and words
have done what they can, I say,

There is a lute in the room where I rest.
Go there, please, and fetch that,
I will play you a tune that came to me 
last night when I was bowed in prayer

for I noticed this morning 
when I hummed it
some angels gathered near. 

        MH Journal Dec 26, 1922: "In all my life I've known only one woman with whom I am free intellectually and spiritually - with whom I am absolutely myself. That woman is you. I find in you all I ask of a woman - a spirit with whom my spirit takes wing - with whom I find my best self, with whom things receive a new light and new doors open - a place where my head may rest. You are the dearest person in the world to me - and you are nearer now than you have ever been. God is everything and everywhere. The most godlike thing in man is his wonder at life - at the wholeness of life - and his moments of deep love."
        I love that last line, "The most godlike thing in man is his wonder at life - at the wholeness of life - and his moments of deep love." It's true, our curiosity - our persistence to seek and question - as well as our moments of deep love are how our spirits take wings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment