Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sometimes When Visitors Come

Sometimes When Visitors Come

Sometimes when visitors come and words
have done what they can, I say,

There is a lute in the room where I rest.
Go there, please, and fetch that,
I will play you a tune that came to me 
last night when I was bowed in prayer

for I noticed this morning 
when I hummed it
some angels gathered near. 

        MH Journal Dec 26, 1922: "In all my life I've known only one woman with whom I am free intellectually and spiritually - with whom I am absolutely myself. That woman is you. I find in you all I ask of a woman - a spirit with whom my spirit takes wing - with whom I find my best self, with whom things receive a new light and new doors open - a place where my head may rest. You are the dearest person in the world to me - and you are nearer now than you have ever been. God is everything and everywhere. The most godlike thing in man is his wonder at life - at the wholeness of life - and his moments of deep love."
        I love that last line, "The most godlike thing in man is his wonder at life - at the wholeness of life - and his moments of deep love." It's true, our curiosity - our persistence to seek and question - as well as our moments of deep love are how our spirits take wings. 

1 comment:

  1. "The most godlike thing in man is his wonder at life - at the wholeness of life - and his moments of deep love." This is GORGEOUS!! Why is the internet telling me that this sentence exists nowhere but in this blog? Bloggone it. Is this Hafiz as well? Thanks for any assistance. -Blown away!!

    ReplyDelete