Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Just As I Suspected

Just As I Suspected

In a vision I heard this clearly whispered: 

Study those who sing the most,
but are free of criticism or praise. 


       In love there exists a special song that, while not free criticism or praise, rises above it. I was tempted to write "immune to it", but this is not the truth, love can falter and fail in the face of difficulty, in the face of questions, in the face of not being accepted. Love is not immune to this negativity, but instead Love takes it all in, and rises above it anyway. Gibran wrote to Mary in a January 1911 letter: "When you are alone, in the silence of the night, send me a little breath from your heart. If I can open a new corner in a man's own heart to him I have not lived in vain."
     What a beautiful sentiment to subscribe to your beloved. Perhaps in the above musing, Gibran even referred to his own heart, and the opening that true love can provide.
          


Peaceful Easy Feeling (1972), Eagles 

No comments:

Post a Comment