Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I Wade Out Into Other Forms

I Wade Out Into Other Forms

It used to come and go as it wanted,
it seemed, Love. It left me feeling helpless. 

Now waves of Him now greet my shore.
I wade out into other forms of myself.
And I swim in what I never thought I could.

Inseparate is any creature from Light, from Love,
from the Ocean, became my discovery. 



        I love this portion of Gibran's letter from November 8, 1908. In it, he inquires: "The professors in the academy say, "Do not make the model more beautiful than she is," and my soul whispers, "O if you could only paint the model as beautiful as she really is." Now what shall I do, dear Mary? Shall I please the professors or my soul? The dear old men know a great deal, but the soul is much nearer.  I am not asking the same question as my teachers. My question to you is, should I ask it anyway?"
        What would be your answer?

Metaphysical portrait of spiritual intimacy by Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment