Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Wishing You Were Here

Wishing You Were Here

Those kisses you sent, I found them wandering
around the house. They were acting a little
lost, not knowing exactly where I was.

I was busy upstairs. But now we are all having
tea and talking about you, and wishing you
were here.

And they imparted all you intended.
They did well.

One more thing: I have seen you at your best
and at your worst; still you are always welcome
near me.


            I love this poem, it makes me think about the wonderful feeling of wanting someone close to you. Of always wanting them close to you. What touches me the most is people who have been together for many years and still yearn to receive (and give) surprise kisses. 
          
            Here's a wonderful story and Brad Paisley's lifelong love song, Then, to go with it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment