Thursday, November 21, 2013

Just The Way I Would

Just The Way I Would

The dreams we share of freedom.
The dreams we share of love.

There is such a unison in our every
movement, in our every desire;

we are so alike that I cannot tell the
difference anymore between us.

I could walk into any house and feel
at home,

because you have arranged everything
just the way I would.


      How do we end up finding “The One”, the person who is both our erotic lover and best friend? What is Love vs. what is desire? If you believe in soulmates you may believe a distinct Other was made especially for you. As Rumi writes: “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.” I once heard this question proposed, “You really love him, do you?” It was meant as a psychological question, no name was mentioned, no man was intended to be the subject of the request, but suddenly someone came into my mind. That’s the point, we all harbor our Beloved within.

Dance Me to the End of Love, Jack Vettriano, 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment