Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Still Wrapped

Still Wrapped

“But I don’t look like a sun,”

a young star still wrapped in swaddling
veils said.

To which I replied,

“But you will, my dear.
You will, my sweetheart.
So don’t worry. Don’t fret.”


            Love often includes belief in another – their goals, passions, and dreams for their life. I think girls often fret about if their love is real, or real enough. They want to feel secure and this translates into worrying because a man might express his love differently than a woman would. I am not a skilled authority on what makes a relationship meaningful, or when it is appropriate to worry. I would, however, like to impart a lesson from the Hindu philosophy of Vedanta. This school of thought believes that there are only two “symptoms” of enlightenment, indications that you are transforming towards a higher consciousness. The first symptom is that you stop worrying, things other people say don’t bother you anymore. You become light-hearted and full of joy. The second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life, more and more synchronicities. This accelerates to the point where you believe in the miraculous. So stop worrying, begin to believe that you are a sun. Now go and let others come to you for light.


No comments:

Post a Comment