Friday, January 24, 2014

Remember A Song You Know

Remember A Song You Know

If you are sad, remember a beautiful song
you know.
It is really something living.

It can bring you to the place where it was
created, out of light,
and you can feel that for a moment.

If you do not wish to sing,
if you are feeling shy or just too low,
picture me doing so,

while sitting at a table with you,
toasting something you would like,

to clink a cup about, my dear.


      There are some songs that transcend both time and emotions. Music is a powerful and evocative force that nearly all cultures have celebrated the rhythms and dances of life by it. And yes, there are certain songs that just stay with you for whatever reason - because they remind you of a former love, of your current flame, or of some future hope.

      Here's a wonderful message that I read back when I played french horn for my high school band, "Why We Teach Music".

      Here are two joyous quites about music.

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent”
― Victor Hugo

“If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
Ode To Joy, Symphony 9, Beethoven
London Philharmonic Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment