Thursday, August 7, 2014

Women In Their Tender Way

Women In Their Tender Way

God listens more to women's prayers than
men's when women are in their tender way.

Because often they have achieved with
the blessings of the earth

what a man can rarely do on his own:
bring empathy, sensitivity, and kindness
into the heart and mind,

and make the voice more tender,
one's touch more gentle,
one's plea more powerful
from it being so sincere.

        I think this poem mainly serves to illustrate how authenticity matters, being vulnerable mattesr. Women are able to do the latter more easily because we are often expected to assume that position if assuming that position is left down to a man and a woman. The "tender way" describes the gentleness that masks mighty undertones, the way MLk must have marched on Washington. So I don't think this poem is strictly about women, but perhaps a sympathetic and soft person that we can all aim for.
       So how do you know if the person you meet is this kind of person? Well, The Purpose for Marriage by Gemma Valentine has, in my opinion, a great definition of marriage and the hope that we see love of our life again one day: “Within the Christian vision for marriage, here’s what it means to fall in love. It is to look at another person and get a glimpse of the person God is continuously creating, and to say, “I see who God is making you, and it excites me! I want to be part of that. I want to partner with you and God in the journey you are taking to explore His earthly treasures and then to His throne. And when we get there, I will look at your magnificence and say, ‘I always knew you could be like this. I got glimpses of it on earth, but now look at you!' That is to love deeply, wholeheartedly, and truly. If you want a forever love, then wait for a Godly match.’"

 Another Love (2012), Tom Odell

No comments:

Post a Comment