Thursday, August 14, 2014

Giving Thanks Is Dangerous

Giving Thanks Is Dangerous

Giving thanks is dangerous,
for inherent in doing so is 
to reaffirm duality.
And duality is living on
borrowed time.

Thanks to God are most always an admitting,
always a making of a statment that basically 

says, "I am glad things are no longer 
as they were." 

From perfect to perfect we go.
From unconscious divinity to conscious God. 

A masterpiece you always were. 
Anyone who truly sees would never want 
you to change,

until you have given to this world 
all you were supposed to. 

        Below is a powerful song to accompany this powerful poem. Here are my favorite lyrics:

I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side


Whom Shall I Fear (2013), Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment