Sunday, February 9, 2014

I Think They Had A Point

I Think They Had A Point 

I overheard some days talking - yes, days.
I was at first alarmed, as you might have been. 

But then I came to believe they had a point,
which was:

That if they shortened the year by a few months
people would have less time to worry. 

What is your opinion? 

           Albeit not being faced with this esoteric message, we're often faced with this question: "What is your opinion?" And if not directly asked, often we demur ourselves over various facets of this world. I came across this song, "Follow Your Arrow", by Kacey Musgraves and I had two thoughts 1) she's a really pretty girl and yet is still anti-mainstream/unique (which is one of the dichotomies that girls face) and 2) that's a cute song. Here are the lyrics I enjoyed most:     Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points

Say what you think
Love who you love
'Cause you just get
So many trips 'round the sun


Follow Your Arrow (2013), Kacey Musgraves 

No comments:

Post a Comment