Saturday, February 15, 2014

I Follow Barefoot

I Follow Barefoot

I long for you so much
I follow your frozen tracks

that are high in the mountains 
that I know are years old. 

I long for you so much 
that I have even begun to travel 
where I have never been before. 

Although the paths are different 
there is no one in this world
who is not looking for God.
     
                  
          I think this is true for love too. The longing can lead to a journey in which you travel to places that alone you'd never find. Moreover, "there is no one in this world who is not looking" for a soulmate. If we wonder along what path we will meet our soulmate, the answer is when we are on our soul path. This someone will share our deepest longings, or at least understand them, they will share our sense of direction, they will complement us, and provide us with an impetus to become our potential. With our soulmate, we find a friend, that once met, the story we belonged to joins another's and becomes one: ours.
         George Eliot said: "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life? … to strengthen each other…to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories."
         Henry David Thoreau said: "Love must be as much a light as it is a flame."
         In Touched By An Angel by Maya Angelou, she writes:

"In the flush of love's light 
we dare be brave, 
And suddenly we see 
that love costs all we are 
and will ever be. 
Yet, it is only love 
which sets us free."


          Be grateful for all the love you find, be it platonic or romantic, lifelong or merely temporary. Love, in its multitude of forms, is ultimately what gives your life value.

You'll Be In My Heart, Phil Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment