Friday, March 14, 2014

Wed For...

One who weds for a dowry, or fame, or land, will probably not be lucky enough to find an angel sleeping next to them at night. 

     "I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” - Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally

     This reminds me of the lyrics from Stevie Wonder's hit I Just Called To Say I Love You...."No New Year's Day to celebrate...no wedding day...in fact it's just another ordinary day...I just called to say I love you". When you finally choose someone to wed that person should be the one you tell your hopes and dreams to, unload your fears and worries on, and share the joys and sorrows of life with. At the end of the day, you should feel as though you're having a sleepover with your best friend every night of the week. If you marry for the right reasons, your story should be filled with wizards, and magic and talking dragons and rainbows made out of chocolate and magic and miracles. And of course, most of all, the person you've chosen to share your life with.

     “I've felt basically lucky ever since, almost every day of my life. That's something else love should make you feel. It should make you fell fortunate. It will be made clear to you in a stray glance or gesture. There may or may not be any music playing. But there will be a certain velocity of the spirit,...and you think, 'This is the one. I found you.'” ― Suzanne Finnamore, The Zygote Chronicles

     I love the above quote. There may not be a song playing when the right one comes along, but there will be a velocity of spirit, there will be a feeling of being blessed, they will highlight your best parts, and they will make you feel alive. 

    Picture your life together in twenty years. Where are you? What are you doing? Your own visions of the future are not always identical to your Love's, but are always complementary. And as much as love needs words, proclamations and professions, true love also encompasses the words left unsaid. The avoidance of hurtful remarks and the understanding that sometimes nothing needs to be said. Yes, this is love too. Perhaps true love is the one you recognize as a mirror for your self and as a partner on your path. This can be your miracle on Earth, the first taste of the divine. 

This Is The First Day of My Life (2006), Bright Eyes 

No comments:

Post a Comment