Thursday, March 13, 2014

Great Worth

Something of great worth in my pocket wants to be in yours. 

       I chose this quote to highlight a very important accomplishment - my sister published a young adult dystopian novel: Extium. Not only is this a testimony to her assiduous diligence but also an achievement of a lifelong dream of many at such a young age (18). She inscribed my personal copy with the words "Inspire on. Love, Emery". And that's just it, when you have something of great worth to share, whether it be a character trait, a successful skill, or a truly phenomenal accomplishment - it spreads, as Rilke would say "in widening circles reaching out across the world". Greatness begets greatness, and I'm glad my sister shared hers with me. I am inspired to write for the joy and imaginative creativity it brings, as Anais Nin said: "We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect."

        You can buy a copy of Extium here on Amazon.com.

Don't Stop Believin' (2005), Journey 

No comments:

Post a Comment