Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Anoint With Dance and Flowers

Let's anoint this earth with dance and flowers! 

          There is a story about the ancient peoples looking forward to the day that a tree grew from the ashes of a volcano. I read this on StumbleUpon and didn't bother to read the meaning of the story, as I had already thought of my own. I think this can be a very comforting thought, out of destruction (the volcano...or a life that's taken a hectic turn) can come beauty (the tree...or a reason to celebrate). This feeling reminded me of something Paulo Coelho said in Brida. At first, I was only going to include the first line, but now I've opted for the quote in its entirety: “Do not try to explain all of your emotions, it will destroy the bridge between the visible and invisible. Live everything as intensely as you can and keep whatever you felt as a gift from God."

        Enjoy this poem by e.e. cummings, "in time of daffodils". You can picture the daffodils dancing in the morning breeze.

in time of daffodils (who know
the goal of living is to grow)
forgetting why, remember how

in time of lilacs who proclaim
the aim of waking is to dream,
remember so (forgetting seem)

in time of roses (who amaze
our now and here with paradise)
forgetting if, remember yes

in time of all sweet things beyond
whatever mind may comprehend,
remember seek (forgetting find)

and in a mystery to be
(when time from time shall set us free)
forgetting me, remember me
2009 Flickr Upload 
Daffodils being commercially grown in Wales, 
to produce galantamine, a drug used to treat Alzheimer's disease 

No comments:

Post a Comment