Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Infinite Rushes Through Your Veins

The infinite rushes through your veins. 
      
           In one of Gibran's last letters, he writes: "Money is to be spent for life - and for life only." What does this mean? I believe he meant "life" as it does not apply to material objects or tangible pursuits, but intangible things - museum tickets, taxi cab rides, candlelight dinners, paint brushes, mountain climbing equipment, large telephone bills - essentially the things that give life meaning. Maybe even only the things he could share with Mary.
           In one of Mary's last journal entries, dated May 26, 1924, she writes: "Still [years later] he has the meteorite I gave him, he told me, "At night before I fall asleep I sometimes take the meteorite you gave me - and hold it - and all its life for thousands of years is in my consciousness - from even how it came into being. That is ecstasy." What makes you feel the infinite rushing through your veins? Is it a gift from your beloved? Be it even their smile or kiss?
           Take a listen to this wonderful song by Keith Urban, Making Memories of Us, I love the lyrics below:

I'm gonna be here for you baby
I'll be a man of my word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
And I wanna die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm
And I'm gonna make you a promise
If there's life after this
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss


Making Memories of Us (2014), Keith Urban 

No comments:

Post a Comment