Wednesday, July 30, 2014

One Kiss

One kiss leads to another. 

         Try as I might, I have not been able to find the original source for this widely pinned quote: "Last night I looked at you, and I could feel it. I could feel the love that filled my entire body. The kind that made my toes curl and the kind of love that circulated through my veins. I could feel myself blush from having all types of emotions running rampant against my skin. The kind of love that made me want to scream all my worries and fears out so they have no way of finding their way back in. The kind that took my breath away just by the mention of our love being spoken in your tone. A soft voice that whispered kindness and sweet promises. Last night I looked at you and thought, "Ahhh, so this is how love is supposed to feel."
          That's what love is, the realization that someone wants you for who you are, not because they think they can change you or get something from you or doing something to you, but because they want what it is that makes you, you. I lot of people misunderstand romance as elaborate proclamations of love, flowers every Friday, necklaces that say "forever", etc. Don't misunderstand me, these things are great and have their place, but being romantic is about the a thousand little things you can do in the moments between the big things. The way you let them know you're thinking about them and show that you care. The hand holding, the random "I-miss-you" text in the middle of the day, the constant "I-love-you"s, the pausing for a kiss as you pass in the hall, the compliments, even when they're undeserved, the laughter, the brief pause in life just to hear about them and hear form them.
      Love is in the small gestures, the remembered moments, the all-knowing glances. Love is in inside jokes and sentences only the two of you would understand. Love is in make-believe, in goals, in hopes, in dreams, in castles in the sky. That's romance at its best. That's romance where one kiss will lead to another...and then a thousand more after that.

Forever and Always (2012), Parachute 

No comments:

Post a Comment