Friday, April 4, 2014

The Night Orchard

The Night Orchard 

The night orchard is in bloom, 
the clear sky. 

How many people have looked upon it
and called it by different names? 

Still, the stars respond as if there is something 
so personal between you. 

       This past month I got a Celestron NexStar 90SLT Mak Computerized Telescope to replace my Meade ETX 90PE. I've yet to fully set it up and "slew" it, as observers would say, but I'm excited to add pictures and joys to my blog when I start regularly observing again. I love starring at the stars in the night sky and just feeling without worry, feeling infinite, for mere moments. As Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said, "the lovely stars are the forget-me-nots of the angels".

      The first constellation I knew by heart was Orion, and within it the stars, Rigel and Betelgeuse.

Orion Constellation, Hubble 

No comments:

Post a Comment