Monday, April 7, 2014

I Wish I Could Speak Like Music

I Wish I Could Speak Like Music

I wish I could speak like music.
I wish I could put the swaying splendor of fields
into words 
so that you could hold Truth 
against your body and dance. 

I am trying to cover you with light. 
I want to give you the sublime rhythms of this earth
and the sky's limbs 
as they joyously spin. 

          Ayn Rand was a novelist and philosopher, known for her two best-selling novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and for developing a philosophical system she called Objectivism. I cannot say that I agree with all of her viewpoints, and in fact, find some offensive, but I admire her spirit in some respects, especially this line: “Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”
          In addition, I welcome her belief: "my philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being" and "love is our response to our highest values". Heroism is more true for some than others. Someone who makes this particularly true is Zach Sobiech, who, before his death from osteosarcoma, realsed the song "Clouds" that became the first song by an independent artist to reach the top of the iTunes music charts. This kind of legacy is resonate with Hafiz knowing we orchestrate symphonies within. 


5,000 people singing Clouds at Mall of America
(2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment