Monday, April 14, 2014

Parallel The Care The Dancer Takes

Parallel The Care The Dancer Takes

Parallel the care the dancer takes 
on her finest step,

you need to feel the craving for that unison
when you touch,

touch as if it were sacred 
bring your mind to a standstill 

let the space between you open
into a sea of radiance 

where you can drown 
for a second. 



            The world slips away with your beloved. You drown for a second from the burdens, responsibilities, and hardships of this world. You drown for a second in shared happiness, in understood connections, and loving gratitude. You drown for a second amongst your own celebrations and problems, things that only make sense in the space between you. Some of the most powerful lines on love from Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning are below:

"But my mind clung to my wife's image, imagining it with an uncanny acuteness. I heard her answering me, saw her smile, her frank and encouraging look. Real or not, her look was then more luminous than the sun which was beginning to rise.
...



A thought transfixed me: for the first time in my life l saw the truth as it is set into song by so many poets, proclaimed as the final wisdom by so many thinkers. The truth - that love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire. Then I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love. I understood how a man who has nothing left in this world still may know bliss, be it only for a brief moment, in the contemplation of his beloved.
...

My mind still clung to the image of my wife. A thought crossed my mind: I didn't even know if she were still alive. I knew only one thing - which I have learned well by now: Love goes very far beyond the physical person of the beloved. It finds its deepest meaning in his spiritual being, his inner self. Whether or not he is actually present, whether or not he is still alive at all, ceases somehow to be of importance."

           Do you believe in that final line? That whether or not he is still alive matters not? It does not have to be a depressing thought, on the contrary, it should be re-read and welcomed. People do not have to be dead to be far away, yet do they not dwell in our hearts? Can't we call upon them at any moment? Just thinking of someone you love, whether they're lying at your side, 2,000 miles away, or departed from this world, is enough to drown for a second.


I'm Already There (2004), Lonestar

No comments:

Post a Comment