Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fill in the Blank

Fill in the Blank

Sometimes I become my own pulse … entering
that world inside. There I have stayed a night
marveling at the firmament. Yes, inside any
living thing are stars.

All that the eye sees is just practice for
perfecting … the inner vision.

I can’t speak anymore of poverty of heart or
purse. For wherever I now stand a gold mine
appears.

How did things change for me, so much for
the better? I held God to His word when He
said, Seek and you will…

You say that last word for me. You must
know that famous phrase. Now believe it, dear, 

for it is so very true.

          On the back of my car there is a bumper sticker with the Rumi quote: “What you seek is seeking you.” Every time I drive with my dad he comments about how much he loves that quote, we both do. Conversely, yesterday I replied, “I hope it’s true.” Without missing a beat, he said, “It is the truth.” Now a day later, in the serendipitous folds of life, I came across this Hafiz poem.

         Hafiz is telling his readers that it is true. Moreover, that there is a universe inside each of us. How comforting! He asks us to say that famous final word (of Matthew 7:7) so we’ll believe it. Seek and you will…Find. Find. Find.


Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; 
knock, and it will be opened to you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment