Saturday, October 26, 2013

It Tried to Prepare Me

It Tried to Prepare Me

The clear night sky tried to prepare me for
what it knew would someday happen;

it began to show me ever deeper aspects of
its splendor, and then one evening just directly
asked, Will you be able to withstand your own
magnificence?

I thought I was just hearing things, until
a spring orchard I was passing my days with

at the height of its glory burst into song,
about our – every human’s – destiny to burn
with radiance.

Still I felt my ears were playing tricks on me
until the morning came when God tore apart
my chest…needing more room to bloom
inside.

I began to roll through the streets in ecstasy.
Everyone thought I was crazy.

I hope everyone someday knows how blessed
I was. You will.




         What a beautiful poem that reminds us of our own significance and inner light. I love the imagery of the night sky, the thing that blankets the world, leaning in to question.

          In 2003, Yann Arthus-Bertrand, with Sybille d’Orgeval and Baptiste Rouget-Luchaire, launched the 7 Billion Others project in attempt to show that every human had a story to tell. They interviewed fishermen, professors, shopkeepers, physicians, performers, farmers, teachers, homemakers, etc. in 82 countries. “All answered the same questions about their fears, dreams, ordeals, hopes: What have you learnt from your parents? What do you want to pass on to your children? What difficult circumstances have you been through? What does love mean to you?”

         While you’re marveling at your own magnificence and the radiance of others, take a moment to check out Upworthy.com. It rocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment