Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bump Heads with The Roof

Bump Heads with The Roof


“How can I grow and reach my full height?”
a tree once said to me.

And I replied, “Dear, sit quiet for a minute
each day, don’t let your branches move,

conserve your energy within and without,
concentrate all your strength on your invisible
wings.

Then a fuel that feeds you actions and
thoughts will help your spirit
to rise and bump heads with the Roof over all.”


                 The romantic adage about learning to love yourself before you can love another applies to life as well. Hafiz reminds us we must cultivate our inner harmony and the energy we project before we can rise up into our full potential. Mastering this, through meditation, as he suggests, is a way to soar high into the Heavens. 
                  I have been wanting to try meditation for quite some time, and spending a year with Hafiz has encouraged me to give it a go sooner rather than later. Psychology Today describes meditation as: "the practice of turning your attention to a single point of reference." 
                  Here's a link to 20 Meditation Tips for Beginners


No comments:

Post a Comment