Friday, November 29, 2013

Saints Bowing In The Mountains

Saints Bowing In The Mountains

Do you know how beautiful you are?
I think not, my dear. For as you talk,

I see great parades with colorful bands streaming
from your mind and heart,

carrying wonderful and secret messages
to every corner of this world.

I see saints bowing in the mountains,
hundreds of miles away,

to the wonder of sounds that break into light
from your most common words.

Speak to me of your mother, your father,
your cousins, your friends.

Tell me of animals and how the wind blows.
Awaken your legion of wings –

let them soar wild and free in the sky
and begin to sing to God.

Do you know how beautiful you are?
I think not, my dear.

            I think woman need to be reminded of this, how beautiful they are. Believing that you’re good-looking doesn’t make you a great candidate for love, but the confidence that comes from believing that you’re a charming, pleasant, and enchanting person with lots to offer does. Understanding the overwhelming magnitude of your own worth, what Hafiz describes as an inner light that can be worshipped hundreds of miles away, makes you beautiful. Yes, attractive and lovable. Women need to be told this more, men too. In fact, everyone should exalt the unique aura they bring to this world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment